Trudy Galpin was born in Poland during WWII and immigrated to Canada in 1948. Her family moved to B.C. in 1951 and resided in Sumas Prairie, Abbotsford. After attending UBC, Trudy became a teacher in 1960. She married her husband, Dave Galpin, in 1964 and they raised three boys. After many years teaching, she changed direction while in her forties and began working at the North Vancouver District Libraries, a profession that she continued until retiring at age 70. At that time, she became a volunteer at Lions Gate Hospital, first as a Wayfinder and then at the Dogwood Shop. In 2017, she accepted the role of Co-Chair of the Dogwood Shop, along with Elaine Schretlen. Trudy and her husband are very much enjoying their retirement years. They especially like to spend time with their twin granddaughters who are their pride and joy!